Flexor digitorum superficialis muscle :-
Muscle details :-
- It is in the anterior compartment of the forearm. It is sometimes considered to be the deepest part of the superficial layer of this compartment .
- Humeroulnar head: medial epicondyle of the humerus via the common flexor tendon, medial border of the base of the coronoid process of the ulna
Radial head: oblique line of the radius along its supero-anterior border .
- Via four tendons attaching to the anterior surface of the middle phalanx of digits 2-5 .
Nerve supply :-
- Median nerve (C7, C8, T1) .
- flexes middle phalanx of fingers and assists in flexing proximal phalanx and wrist joint .