Supraspinatus muscle :-
Muscle details :-
- The supraspinatus (plural supraspinati) is a relatively small muscle of the upper back that runs from the supraspinatous fossa superior portion of the scapula (shoulder blade) to the greater tubercle of the humerus.
- medial two -thirds of the supraspinous fossa of the scapula .
- upper impression of the greater tubercle of the humerus .
Nerve supply :-
- suprascapular nerve (c5-c6) .
- along with other short scapular muscles it steadies the head of the humerus during movements of the arm . its action as abductor of shoulder joint from 0-15 is controversial .